In an attempt to keep our guests informed of disruptions to scheduled tours due to the coronavirus, we will be using this page to post updates to all 2020 tours.
A note from Andy:
I started Cinghiale Cycling tours after retiring from professional cycling, because I knew I wanted to keep riding my bike in some capacity, but I also wanted to continue exploring Italy. I had some of my best race experiences in Italy, and, over time, the people here embraced me with their generosity and hospitality as one of their own.
Over the past 22 years Cinghiale Cycling Tours, albeit a small business, has grown to be comprised of individuals and other small businesses that function as family. The people we work with are dear friends, and their passion for the Italian culture— food, farming, art, architecture, cycling, family, living well by living simply— are a true inspiration to what drives our business. Their vision of Italy is what we strive to share with our guests.
Italy is still my favorite place to cycle, eat, and live. It has continued to embrace me and my family, offering us a second place to call home. It is with great gratitude that I send my best wishes to all Italians, my dear friends, my family, the small communities and businesses that will indeed suffer greatly from the effects of COVID-19.
From afar, we thank our community of Castagneto Carducci for taking the quarantine and social distancing seriously, and to all of Italy for making the difficult decision to shut down and slow the virus from overwhelming the medical establishment.
We will all experience the effects of this crisis in some capacity. Let us be involved in supporting our neighbors, our communities near and far, small businesses, and the scientists and medical staff that are working endlessly to save lives.
May you all be safe and social distanced.
With love from Boulder, CO
Castagneto Delights: May 23 -30, 2020
Val d’Orcia, Isola d’Elba, Maremma: June 6 – 14, 2020
SEPTEMBER TOURS are still scheduled until we have more information on when travel bans will be lifted within, and to Italy. Our guess is that by June we will have a better idea of how things will proceed.