Our rental bike fleet is a selection of Hampsten Cycles-designed, Italian-made frames named GS Cinghiale and a great selection of BMC Gran Fondo bicycles. Both frames are accommodating to a range of fits. We will use your measurements from the form provided below to set your rental bike up to the best of our ability. In general we have great success with guests feeling comfortable on these bikes. Rental bikes are limited and on a first-come basis. You should complete a bike rental form as soon as your space is confirmed on your selected tour.
- Rentals cost 350 euros for GS Cinghiale bikes and 250 euros/bike for Gran Fondo BMC bikes.
- Each bike is equipped with 34 x 32 compact gearing, true 25mm tires
- You will need to bring your helmet, pedals, cycling shoes, and seat bag
- We encourage you to bring your own water bottles to reduce plastic waste
- We recommend bringing your own saddle but it is not required
When renting a bike you are assuming full responsibility for it. This means that you accept financial responsibility in the event of a crash or any damage pertaining to the rental, as well as stolen bikes resulting in neglecting to safely store it. If you’d like to be insured for your rental bike, please contact your insurance provider. A rental bike is your bike while on tour, so please treat it with care.
Please use the following measurements to fill out your form:
- The measurement from the center of your bottom bracket to the top of the saddle, along the axis of the seat tube.
- The measurement from the center of the saddle to the center top of your handlebars.
- The center front of your handlebars to the end of your drop out on the front fork.
- Your height.
- Your inseam, or Pubic Bone Height (PBH). To find your PBH, stand in bare feet and hold a ruler between your legs so that it is parallel with the ground. Have a friend measure the distance from the ground to the ruler. This is your PBH.
- Your experience i.e., tell us a bit about what kind of riding you do.